Friday, October 21, 2011

I did it! B is for blue

I was in the store last week and decided to pick up paint. Just little cans of blue ad white and some brushes.
The boys had this in their rooms with two crates with wheels. It's nice for storage. We bought it years ago from Target.



My rule is only real wood is coming into this house now. (and plastic - can't away from it with kids) I'm positive this is a lot of "fake" wood but it's sturdy. I wasn't sure if it was worth painting but decided to go for it







Have I mentioned that I'm not afraid of color? I haven't painted furniture since we lived in Orlando the first time - 6 years ago and I'm such a beginner it's almost embarrassing. But everyone has to start somewhere. So why not on an inexpensive item?
Andrew wasn't thrilled when be got home which was disappointing. I found out he likes my paint job but wasn't happy I painted in our living room that has off white carpeting. Guess he has a point. I won't do that with my white project - I have to use that white paint!
Here is the end result in the boys red Mario room. It needed another color in there. Gabriel told me that he doesn't like it because it's blue like Thomas and he doesn't like Thomas any more. Well, ok.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!