Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Mermaids?


Andrew and I both come from football families. Andrew LOVES the Packers and the Broncos. Today, the boys are wearing their Packer jerseys and everyone (except myself) are watching the game. The children cheer (er, yell) along with their father.
To be honest. it used to annoy that Andrew spent so much time on football. It seemed like there are so many other ways to spend time instead of glued to the tv watching a bunch of millionaires play a game. While I stil have little interest in football, I now see value in that time, though in a different way. All three children spend time with their father, giving me a break to accomplish other things. I no longer care if they yell at the tv, cheer, or spend that time staring at the large screen in our living room.
They are watching the game as I write this. I had to share a very cute comment Gabriel made today. He wants to like four teams. I'm unsure why four teams are important to him but I'm sure there is some logic to it. He told us that he likes the Packers and the Mermaids. How cute and funny is that? He meants the Dophins. I have yet to find out who his other favorite teams are but he has mentioned the Eagles in the past.
Those of you who love football, cheer on! Enjoy your season and watch out for those Mermaids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!